Spectra Precision Focus 30 Total Station
About Spectra Precision
The Trimble Company purchased Spectra Precision allowing the company to add a new seperate division to the Trimble brand.
Spectra Precision products are intended to address the needs of mainstream surveying customers, for whom factors like cost-effectiveness, simplicity and reliability are highly valued.
Trimble also created a 50:50 partnership with Nikon, a highly respected optical surveying brand and is the distributor worldwide outside of Japan for the Nikon range of optical instruments.
The acquisition recently of the Ashtech GNSS portfolio and the full suite of Ashtech GNSS expertise allowed the Spectra Precision brand to create a fully balanced surveying business.
Today Nikon and Ashtech are part of the Spectra Precision Division. Spectra Precision has long been an established brand, known for delivering quality products to the construction market. Focusing on the specific needs of the conventional surveying market, the Spectra Precision brand offers a complete product portfolio including, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Robotic and optical total stations, data collection hardware, field and office software, as well as a wide range of construction tools.
Focus 30 Robotic Total Station
The Spectra Precision Focus 30 is a full robotic one man total station.
A powerful surveying total station solution, the Focus 30 provides improved speed, accuracy and precision in measurement when compared with traditional instruments and methods.
A robotic instrument moves the power of the observer away from the instrument, to the range pole, substantially improving the quality and time management of your work.
Camera LockNGo Technology
The Focus 30 features a unique "LockNGo" function for automatic target locking. It measures and tracks the prism based on the latest camera technologies with intelligent image processing. LockNGo can be used with all passive reflecting prisms.
Automatic Target Locking
Automatic Target locking, in the LockNGo mode, allows the instrument to immediately lock onto to the prism, automatically, in tracking mode.
The Focus 30 in tracking mode, can process up to 109 images per second by a very fast digital signal processor. This means that there is information 109 times a second about which direction the target is moving in.
When the Focus 30 camera target sensor is locked onto a prism, intelligent programming ensures that other reflections in the camera field of view are ignored. When a target is found during a search, it is checked several times to confirm whether it is a prism. This means that, for example, strong sun, glass reflections or other bright light sources such as vehicle headlights are eliminated from the outset.
Fast Measurement Processing
This measurement method significantly speeds up the total station measurement process. Instead of the time-consuming procedure of aiming to the prism centre, here only a fraction of the time is needed. Several camera measurements are made in less than 0.5 sec and averaged. This considerably increases measurement accuracy, particularly if there is air shimmer.
GeoLock GPS Technology
The Spectra Precision GeoLock technique allows the robotic total station to perform an aided search for an optical target using an initial GPS position. The remote instrument can then be directed towards the robotic roving operator using the GPS position and a subsequent search is quickly performed to re-acquire the target at the robotic rover.
This technique greatly reduces wasted time, improving field work efficiency.
Spectra Precision Ranger 3 Data Collector/Field Controller
The Spectra Precision Ranger Data Collector offers a large bright touch-screen, full alpha-numeric, easy to operate, keypad, and is packed with the features surveyors depend on.
Built rugged, it meets rigorous MIL-STD-810G military standard for drops, vibration, humidity and extreme temperatures, and with an IP67 rating, it's designed to keep your investment and your data safe.
The Ranger features Survey Pro and Windows Mobile 6.5, with the capability to run the mobile version of all your favorite programs including Excel and Outlook.
Integrated Bluetooth capabilities let you connect to field equipment without cables.
- Large 3.5" TFT touchscreen LCD display
- Full Robotic, conventional prism and reflectorless measuring
- LockNGo automatic target locking
- GeoLock precision search function
- Digital camera technology for fast measurement processing
- Bluetooth cablefree communication
- Rugged IP67 rated Ranger 3 field controller
- Onboard Survey Pro Software
- Dual axis compensation
Focus 30 specifications
- Angle Measurement (minimum increment): 1"
- Angular Accuracy: 2", 3" or 5"
- Distance Measurement Single Prism: 1.5 to 4000 metres
- Distance Measurement Reflectorless: 1.5 to 300 metres (500 meters Nivo 2.M)
- Measuring Accuracy Prism: +/-2+2 ppm x D mm
- Measuring Accuracy Reflectorless: +/-3+2 ppm x D mm
- Telescope: 31x magnification
- Robotic Operation Range: up to 800 metres
- Robotic Precision: <2mm at 200 metres
- Typical Search Time: 2 to 10 seconds
- GeoLock Search Mode: 360°
- Display: 3.5" TFT colour touchscreen backlit LCD (320x240 pixel), 2nd display backlit monochrome 6 line LCD
- Compensation: Dual axis
- Communication: USB, integrated Bluetooth
- Water & Dust Protection: Waterproof to IP55
- Weight: 5.0kg including battery
- Battery Type: 11.1V Lithium Ion
- Battery Operating Time: approx. 6 hours
- Warranty: 2 Years